Asec Traditional Night Latch Door Lock & Rim Cylinder – 60mm Backset
Asec Traditional Night Latch Door Lock & Rim Cylinder – 60mm Backset – Night latch door locks are commonly used on timber (wood) front doors before the introduction of multi-point door locks. This night latch door lock features the traditional night latch design and shape.
The Asec night latch door lock offers the same level of quality and durability as the more expensive Union and Yale night latch door locks. A perfect replacement for worn or damaged night latch locks.
Night latch door locks can be retro fitted to timber doors. Including doors with existing multi-point locks. Some people like having the traditional night latch door lock as well as the multi-point door lock for added security and peace of mind.
Each set comes complete with the following:
- 1no. Night Latch Lock – Non Deadlocking (60mm Backset) & Frame Keep / Receiver
- 1no. Rim Cylinder & Escutcheon (Polished Brass finish) with 3no. keys
- 1no. Rim Cylinder Fixing Plate & 2no. croppable fixing screws
- 4no. Dome Head Fixing Screws
- 2no. Counter Sunk Fixing Screws
See pictures for dimensions.
Night Latch Operation
The operation of the night latch door lock is very simple.
- Turn the knob to release the lock and open the door.
- Push the door closed, the latch on the lock will strike the frame keep and lock into place. The door is now locked on the outside to everyone who doesn’t have a key
- The toggle switch can be used to keep the latch in the withdrawn position
- Insert the key into the cylinder, turn to release the lock and open the door
- To lock the door when leaving, simply pull the closed behind you when you leave. Make sure you have the key when leaving, otherwise you will be locked out
Please contact us if you need help choosing the right lock for your door or have any questions about this door lock.