Avocet ATK 3 Star Anti-Snap Euro Profile Door Cylinder Description:
Cylinder “snapping” is becoming a common method of infiltration by burglars. The standard euro profile cylinder has a weakness at the centre of the cylinder, and burglars are exploiting this weakness. Using common hand tools the cylinder can be manipulated, causing it to snap at the weak point. This leaves the inner workings of the door lock exposed and can then be easily unlocked and opened. All done in less than a minute. This is a very common method in the UK, and it is becoming more and more common in Ireland, especially in Dublin. To combat this method of attack, the anti-snap cylinder was introduced.
The easiest way to increase the security of your door, a prevent against “lock snapping” is to install an Avocet ATK cylinder. The Avocet ATK anti-snap door cylinder has one of the highest security ratings of any door cylinder on the market:
- SS312 Sold Secure Diamond Grade – The Master Locksmith Association in house testing and certification body. Diamond grade products go through brutal testing and manipulation to achieve this grade.
- TS007:2014 3 Star Rated – This is a rating from the British Standards Institution – 3 Stars is the highest rating
- British Kitemark (KM 586153)
- “Secured by Design” accreditation (www.securedbydesign.co.uk)
Avocet ATK 3 Star Anti-Snap Euro Profile Door Cylinder Features
- Snap Secure Patented Technology – Each cylinder has two sacrificial snap points. The first is located at the 3rd pin approx. 10mm from the front of the cylinder. The second point is located just before the cam. If an attempt is made to snap the cylinder the central cam will lock in place, preventing further attack
- Anti-Pick – Each cylinder has special anti-pick trap pins to protect against picking
- Anti-Drill – Each cylinder has 10 reinforced anti drill pins to combat drilling
- Anti-Bump – Each cylinder has special anti-bump pins to protect against picking using a bump key.
- Standard key shape – Each cylinder comes supplied with 3 easy grip standard keys. This is a great feature, and might be overlooked in comparison to other high security dimple key cylinders. With a standard key shape, spare keys can be cut in most hardware shops. While with dimple keys it is much harder to find hardware shops that have the special machines to cut dimple keys
- Dual Finish – Attractive polished chrome body and brass key way
Avocet ATK 3 Star Anti-Snap Euro Profile Door Cylinder Size Guide
The security features on Avocet ATK cylinders (and all 3 star cylinders) are aimed at the external side of the door. As this will be where a burglar will attack. It is very important to select the correct size cylinder to suit your door. To accurately measure the length of cylinder you require, remove the existing cylinder from you door. Taking note of which side is the external side, and which side is the internal side. Measure from external edge to the centre of the fixing hole. Then measure from the internal edge to the centre of the fixing hole.
Click on the “instructional video” on the left hand side, for our video on how to measure the correct size cylinder for your door. If you require help choosing the correct size for your door please contact us.
Below are the most common sizes. Please contact us if you require a different size other than the sizes listed below
These are the sizes we stock:
30mm External / 30mm Internal
40mm External / 30mm Internal
35mm External / 45mm Internal
45mm External / 35mm Internal
40mm External / 50mm Internal
50mm External / 40mm Internal
Brass finish, other sizes and thumb turn options available on request.
Please contact us if you have any questions about the ATK cylinder