Asec 5 Pin Euro Profile Thumb Turn Door Cylinder / Barrel Lock
The Asec 5 Pin Euro Profile Thumb Turn Door Cylinder is a great entry level cylinder. A thumb turn cylinder adds extra convenience when locking and unlocking your door. Each cylinder comes supplied with 3 keys and 1 retaining screw. Perfect for replacing the cylinder in your door lock.
Asec 5 Pin Euro Profile Thumb Turn Door Cylinder Product Info
Euro profile cylinders have been used by door lock manufacturers for over 30 years, and are the most common type of cylinder used in Ireland and the UK. The Asec 5 Pin Euro Profile Thumb Turn Cylinder is a great addition to any door lock. Have you ever had to go searching for your keys when someone calls to the door? With a thumb turn cylinder installed the internal key section of the cylinder is replaced with a easy grip knob. Simply use the knob as you would a key to lock and unlock your door.
Common reasons for replacing the cylinder in your door. If you lost your keys or your key broke in the cylinder. Perfect for landlords who want to change the locks on a property they are renting out. Or for people who are just after buying a new home, and want to change the locks.
Why not take this opportunity to upgrade the security of your door with a high security 1 star anti-snap cylinder or a 3 star anti-snap cylinder
Asec 5 Pin Euro Profile Thumb Turn Door Cylinder Size Guide
Click on the “Instructional Video” tab on the left hand side to see our video on How to replace the cylinder in your door lock and How to measure the correct size to suit your door
To accurately measure the length of cylinder follow the instructions below.
1) Remove the screws holding the cylinder. This screw is found at the edge of the door, on the face plate of the lock.
2) Loosen slightly the screws holding the door handles.
3) Insert to key into the cylinder. Turn the key and pull gently. The cylinder will slide out when it is at the correct position. This key position will usually be 10 o clock or 2 o clock
When you have the cylinder removed, measure from either edge to the centre of the fixing hole Noting which size is the external side and internal side. Below are the sizes we stock. Please contact us if you require a different size other than the sizes listed below
- 30mm (Key) / 30mm (Thumb Turn)
- 35mm (Key) / 45mm (Thumb Turn)
- 45mm (Key) / 35mm (Thumb Turn)
- 40mm (Key) / 40mm (Thumb Turn)
- 40mm (Key) / 50mm (Thumb Turn)
- 50mm (Key) / 40mm (Thumb Turn)
- 35mm (Key) / 55mm (Thumb Turn)
- 55mm (Key) / 35mm (Thumb Turn)
These are the most common sizes. If you are unsure about the size you require please contact us and we will help you choose the right size.