Extra Long Door Cylinder – 75mm / 45mm – Euro Profile
This extra long cylinder is used in modern eco and passiv doors. These doors have a much thicker sash and frame (over 100mm) compared to standard uPVC or composite doors, and as such regular sized cylinders won’t fit. Extra long cylinders can be found in passiv uPVC, composite, timber and alu-clad doors from many manufacturers including Munster Joinery.
Extra Long Door Cylinder Features:
- Size 75mm Key / 45mm Key (120mm overall length)
- 6 pins
- 3 keys & 1 fixing screw come supplied with each cylinder
- Nickle finish
Measuring the correct size cylinder:
1) Remove the screw holding the cylinder. This screw is found at the edge of the door, on the face plate of the lock.
2) Loosen slightly the screws holding the door handles.
3) Insert to key into the cylinder (if you already have a thumb turn installed – turn the knob and gently pull) Turn the key and pull gently. The cylinder will slide out when it is at the correct position. This key position will usually be 10 o clock or 2 o clock
With the cylinder removed from the door lock you can measure the from the edge of each side to the centre fixing hole.
Click on the “Fitting Instructions” tab on the left of the page for full fitting instructions.
Click on the “Instructional Video” tab on the left of the page for our video guide on how to replace the cylinder in your door, and how to measure the correct size cylinder to suit your door.
This size cylinder (75mm / 45mm) is also available a thumb-turn version. Click here for the 75mm Key / 45mm Thumb cylinder